Friday, December 5, 2008

Other Thoughts:

What else would you like to say about or discuss with your group about the novel?

3 comments:

Nick Corkill said...

I thought that this book was very well selected for this unit especially since it sort of talked about the crisis that is in the world today.

Hubie Stoermann said...

I agree with Nick, in that it teaches about the crisis with the Taliban and other current events. I also think that the book teaches a good moral that your real friends always have your back no matter what.

Anonymous said...

This book is a book of many morals- it depicts the struggle of deciding religious beliefs with an agnostic parental figure,it observes from many angles the relations of a mother, of a father, and of a friend, and the book really focuses in on the fragility of the human mind when tainted by trauma.