In response to Hubie's second question I think that even Amir doesn't know what Hassan is to him. Subconciesly I think his actions (for the majority of the time) tend to suggest that he is a friend to Hassan, such as when he comforts him after they hear the soldiers talking about Hassan's mother, however, occasionally he is inclined to exerscise the power he posses over Hassan, which suggests to Amir himself that Hassan is not his friend. Overall i think that according to what he knows, to Amir, Hassan is only the servants son; however i think that they have far deeper feelings for each other which are hard to expose in their complex relationship.
Answering Janie's question, I do not think Baba hates Amir for killing his mother. First of all, I don't think a father ever hates his son. He may not like his actions but hate is a strong word. Secondly, it was not Amir's fault that his mother died. I can see why Baba was upset, since that was his wife and they loved each other very much.
Answering Hubie's first question I think Amir and Baba's relationship will become closer but will soon fall back into what their relationship was like at the begining of the book.
In response to Nick's question, I think they will meet later on. Since Amir went to college to be an English major, and they are in two different countries it would be difficult for them to connect. I think Amir still regrets running away in the alleyway, as he mentions it several times in the book. I also think Amir wants to forgive Hassan about all the bad things that happened leading up to Amir and Baba moving to Fremont.
Answering Janie's second question Baba is worried about Amir's relationship wiht the general because Baba does not want Amir to embaress him and lose the general's respect for him.
In response to nick's last question their relationship is kept secret for the reputation of the family, and also to minimize confusion for the boy's themselves of their relationship.
12 comments:
Will Amir and Baba's relationship become closer throughout the book?
Does Amir consider Hassan his friend or just his dad's servant?
In response to Hubie's second question I think that even Amir doesn't know what Hassan is to him. Subconciesly I think his actions (for the majority of the time) tend to suggest that he is a friend to Hassan, such as when he comforts him after they hear the soldiers talking about Hassan's mother, however, occasionally he is inclined to exerscise the power he posses over Hassan, which suggests to Amir himself that Hassan is not his friend. Overall i think that according to what he knows, to Amir, Hassan is only the servants son; however i think that they have far deeper feelings for each other which are hard to expose in their complex relationship.
Does Baba really hate Amir for killing his mother?
Answering Janie's question, I do not think Baba hates Amir for killing his mother. First of all, I don't think a father ever hates his son. He may not like his actions but hate is a strong word. Secondly, it was not Amir's fault that his mother died. I can see why Baba was upset, since that was his wife and they loved each other very much.
Answering Hubie's first question I think Amir and Baba's relationship will become closer but will soon fall back into what their relationship was like at the begining of the book.
Will Amir ever meet Hassan again? And if he does will he forgive himself about what happened in the alleyway?
In response to Nick's question, I think they will meet later on. Since Amir went to college to be an English major, and they are in two different countries it would be difficult for them to connect. I think Amir still regrets running away in the alleyway, as he mentions it several times in the book. I also think Amir wants to forgive Hassan about all the bad things that happened leading up to Amir and Baba moving to Fremont.
Why is Baba so worried about his son's relationship with the general?
Answering Janie's second question Baba is worried about Amir's relationship wiht the general because Baba does not want Amir to embaress him and lose the general's respect for him.
Why do you think Amir's and Hassan's relationship was kept a secret?
In response to nick's last question their relationship is kept secret for the reputation of the family, and also to minimize confusion for the boy's themselves of their relationship.
Post a Comment